How Does Consignment Work?
- Consignment is seasonal. The store accepts spring/summer items approximately December through June and accepts fall/winter items approximately June through January.
- Consignment is by appointment only. The best way to set up an appointment is by emailing email@example.com or calling the store at (973) 762-1700.
- Items should be brought to the appointment in the condition you'd like to buy them (laundered/folded clothing, purses wiped down with insides cleaned, shoes wiped down, jewelry untangled, etc.). Items should be brought in paper or structured fabric shopping bags, not plastic (no garbage bags, please!). You will leave the bags with the store. Please try to limit yourself to a few bags per appointment.
- During your appointment, I will select which items I think will sell and return anything I've passed on. Please do not be offended if I pass on items! Sometimes I have overstock or the items just aren't a good fit for the store (even if nice and new with tags).
- I will price items and put them on the floor for the season. Keep in mind, there are often many other consignors in line before you - sometimes your items do not go out on the floor immediately. Once items sell, I will log the sale under your consignor number. Your items will stay in the store for the season. I may discount by a few dollars at a time throughout the season if the items are not selling. You get 40% of the sale price. I do not return items at the end of the season. I do not automatically send out checks - please stop by or email/call to check your balance.
- At the end of the spring/summer and the fall/winter seasons, I will have discount sales leading up to the season-end "fill-a-bag sale" - this helps to clear out the remaining inventory to prepare for changing over to the next season. Items are considered donated once they reach the bag sale.
What I am looking for....
- I seek casual, fun clothing - not business wear. Brands that do very well are Free People, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters and Lululemon. Brands like J. Crew, Madewell, Banana Republic, etc. do well too. No H&M, Forever21, Target or Old Navy type brands, please.
- The clothing in the store is not at a super high-end price point, as I want my clothing to be affordable. Please take a peek around the store to get an idea of our prices. You will not become a millionaire consigning your apparel and accessories here, but you will do something green (reduce, reuse, recycle!) and you will make some moola along the way. Have fun with it!
- Yes, this used to be a teen store several years ago, but it is now mainly a casual women's clothing store (with some juniors items thrown in). Sizing starts at women's xs. I am always on the lookout for large/xl sizes. I will take plus sizes as well.